The New Westminster Homelessness Coalition is happy to participate in this year’s “Toque Tuesday.” This annual campaign was established by Raising the Roof to address issues of youth homelessness in Canada.
Toque Tuesday will take place on Tuesday February 7th at several locations:
- The Columbia Street, New Westminster, and 22nd Street SkyTrain stations (additional stations may be added later) during the morning (6:30-8:30 am), noon (11:30 am-1:00 pm), and afternoon rush hours (3:00 -5:30 pm).
- Royal City Centre Mall (6th Avenue and 6th Street, New Westminster)
- New Westminster Public Library (716 6th Avenue, New Westminster)
- Douglas College (700 Royal Avenue, New Westminster)
- Burnaby Hospital (3935 Kincaid Street, Burnaby)
The suggested minimum donation for a toque is $10. This year’s local proceeds will go to support the Broadway Youth Resource Centre as well as a Surrey-based organization also working on youth homelessness in the region.
If you would like to find out more, or would like to volunteer to sell the toques, please contact Dave Brown.